Saturday, December 17, 2011

T E A C H E R G I F T

 W E ~L O V E~ O U R ~T E A C H E R S

Crafty teacher gift idea.

Supplies
  • jute (Jo ann's)
  • 12 inch cardboard letters (found at Jo ann's)  $5.99 each
  • fabric
  • hot glue
  • ribbon
  • fray check
  • ice for the hot glue gun burns....ouch!

Wrap...glue...wrap...glue...
I made one for each of my kids teachers.

~~~~~Finished product~~~~

Mrs. M

Mrs. T

Mrs. H


Every letter will need to be wrapped with jute.  It goes like this: wrap, glue repeat...wrap, glue repeat. This is a very time consuming a tedious process (easy, but takes a while).  I worked for several days.  I had to put it down and come back to finish.  My friend Kori said her mom made jute wrapped vases back in the day, so I guess this isn't exactly a  new idea.   Embellish your letter with whatever you want.  A easier and faster idea would be to spray paint your letters, maybe next year. 




Oh well, so much for next year!  Here is a bronze painted letter wiped with taupe paint with hand-made paper stars wiped with ink.  
Folded paper stars


 Merry Christmas!  

next:  80 year old couch
 upholstery craigslist find~ $20
5 hammer job is my guess...yikes!

1 comment:

  1. I love these letters. I am a teacher and would to receive one of these as a gift!!

    ReplyDelete

simple ways to update the bathroom

90's  B-A-T-H-R-O-O-M updates If I could count the number of bathrooms I have re-done.  This is my daughters bathroom. Again, we have 90...